Important Notice: We have updated our Privacy Notice to provide additional details regarding certain rights provided under California and Virginia law for consumers in those states.
- Outside the US
- Information Collected
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- How We Disclose Information
- Link To Other Sites
- Google Analytics
- Job Postings
- How To Update Your Personal Information
- Protecting Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Cookies Policy
- Cookies List
- Do Not Track
- Network And Interest-Based Advertising
- Security Notice
- Changes and Contact
- Supplemental Privacy Statement for California and Virginia Consumers
OUTSIDE THE US
- Identifying information: We may collect your personal Information such as your name, online identifier, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), mailing addresses, email address(es), phone numbers, internet protocol address, email address, account name, , and other similar identifiers;
- Social Media: When you interact with, or if you are a fan/follower of, Burlington on social media, we may receive information such as your user ID, handle, your profile picture, photos you post, and other profile elements, including any comments, with us. Note that your use of social media is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each respective social media platform, and the information you share with us and with others is largely controlled by the privacy settings you have established at those platforms.
- Information you submit: we may collect preference information, survey answers/opinions, or customer service information, which you submit to us in connection with various marketing and promotional activities, surveys or contests.
- Demographic Information: we may collect your education level, income level, birthdate, gender, marital status, number of children and their ages, and zip code.
- Payment information: we may collect your signature, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, billing address and other financial information.
- Commercial Information: we may collect information about the products you purchased or considered purchasing from us, as well as your other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Sensitive personal information: We may collect, for example, social security number, driver’s license number or other state identification card number, login credentials, racial/ethnic origin information, and precise geographic location information from your device by, for example using its GPS information, IP Address, cell phone tower information, or WiFi signals.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Burlington collects information in different ways:
- When you make a purchase in our stores
- When you purchase a service, such as Layaway
- When you return or exchange a product you purchased
- We you purchase and/or receive a Burlington electronic gift card
- By signing up to receive promotional emails
- When signing up to receive an electronic receipt for your store purchase
- By joining our Burlington Loyalty program
- By entering in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, responding to surveys or participating in a focus group or customer panel
- If you contact our Customer Service center
- When interacting with Burlington in social media
- By applying for a job
- When otherwise interacting with us
- When you visit our Site
- When visiting our stores we may capture audio, electronic, visual, thermal or similar information with our anti-theft surveillance equipment
- By location-based features when using your device to access our Site
- By clicking on a Burlington ad on a third-party property
- Use the Wi-Fi Services provided in some of our stores
- When interacting with pixels and cookies on our Site
- Analytics Information: We may use third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Site. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving our Site and providing you a more personalized experience.
- Device and Browsing Information: We collect certain information about your computer or device each time you access our Site. Servers may automatically record certain log file information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, internet provider, physical location data, operating system and browser type, device type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with Linked Sites, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, browsing history, and other such information.
- Clear Gifs/Web Beacons: When you use our Site, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track your online usage patterns. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information facilitates more accurate reporting and improvement of our Site.
- Location Data: When you access our Site, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store information regarding your device, as well as real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our third party partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Information We Receive From Third Parties: We may receive Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Site through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through Facebook), such third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. We may also obtain other Information about you such as change of address, contact information, or demographic information from commercially or publicly available sources.
- Information you provide at our retail stores may be combined with information that you provide online at the Site, as well as with information about your interests and purchases we collect automatically. The information you provide to us may also be combined with demographic and other information that is available from other sources in order to allow us to better communicate with you and enhance our customer service and your shopping experience.
- We collect information from other sources, through or in connection with apps or software sponsored by Burlington, or on other websites hosted or sponsored by us. We may combine or cross reference this information with other information that we collect about you to help us improve the quality of your experience with Burlington and tailor communications to your interests.
- We may collect information about you from social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and from our business partners, including online advertising networks and companies that co-sponsor our promotions
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Burlington may use information about you for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you, including:
- To process your purchases,
- To provide you with a service, such a participation in our Layaway or Loyalty programs,
- To let you know of opportunities to join our team,
- To serve you ads about products and offers, including third-party offers or products we think you might be interested in,
- To prevent fraud and monitor against theft, or protect our Site, properties, and operations from malicious activity,
- To conduct research and help us learn more about your shopping preferences and enhance your shopping experience, to better understand what products interest you based on information we collect about you and your household, to see which areas of our website are most visited, how frequently and how long, to respond to your customer service inquiries, and perform other business activities
- Marketing purposes
- Investigating or settling inquiries or disputes
- Customizing your experience on our Site
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
Burlington discloses information about our customers to our affiliated companies, vendors, business partners and service providers. These companies need information about you, including your name, address, phone number, email address, to perform their service function (such as to process your payment and fulfill your order, verify your credit card information, and to protect you and us from fraud). We may also provide your information to third parties such as those that provide financial products and services related to our business and those that co-sponsors our contests, events or other promotions. We also disclose your information, including your name, address, phone number, email address, and shopping preferences, to specially chosen companies that help us with marketing functions (such as maintain and manage our customer information, as well as market our products and services). At times we may provide information to other companies that have a product or service that we believe will be of interest to you and/or may help them serve you better.
We may engage vendors to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services. These entities may collect certain information from you (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, hardware/software information, cookie ID, IP address, etc.) when you visit our website and use that information to provide advertisements about goods and services that are deemed to be of greater interest to you. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising. In certain circumstances, we may share your information in response to legal process or as otherwise required by law. We may disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.”
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
In some areas of our website, we may provide a link to other websites as well as to social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Linked Sites”). Other websites, including social media sites, have their own policies regarding privacy and security, and these may vary from ours. Burlington is not responsible and has no liability for the privacy policies or practices of Linked Sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each Linked Site you visit.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When required in your jurisdiction (and described in the Supplemental Privacy Statement for California and Virginia Consumers section below), Burlington will permit individuals to access, correct, amend or delete Personal Information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. If you request access, correction, amendment or deletion of your Personal Information and you have more than one account with us, you will need to instruct us on each account separately. In certain jurisdictions, you may make a request for information by
This Site is not designed or intended to be used by anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our Sites), do not use the Site, use any interactive features of the Site, or post any Personal Information to our Site. We do not knowingly or intentionally gather Personal information about children who are under the age of 16. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16, please contact us at
We or our partners may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you to your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies may help our website visitors to, for example, set volume preference associated with a video experience and perform surveys. They help us improve our Site by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to customers. They may be recognized by other sites or by our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. If you do not want Flash cookies stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash cookie storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which may explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash cookies (referred to as “information”), how to prevent Flash cookies from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and how to block Flash cookies that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
NETWORK AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
We may also enter into agreements with third parties that possess technology that allows the Site to use targeting or advertising cookies to see which areas and features are popular, count visits to our website and customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive on the Site. This information may be shared with these third parties for this purpose.
We also provide interest-based advertising about our products and services on other parties’ websites. We may use third-party advertising companies that use tracking technologies to serve our advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Site and other websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. These advertising companies serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated sites, and some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information collected about your visits to the Site and elsewhere over time. Other companies may also use such technology to advertise on our Site. You have the choice to tell us not to collect and use this information. If you would prefer not to participate in the services offered through these solutions, you can always opt-out of this activity by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking https://optout.aboutads.info/. If you configure your browser to reject cookies when you visit these pages, or if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your opt-out may become ineffective and may need to be repeated. Browser settings, including do not track signals and other mechanisms, will not affect data collection and not constitute an opt-out of advertising-related cookies, personalized third-party advertising or promotional messages from Burlington; you must use the opt-out choice described herein in order to opt out from such promotional messages.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use industry-standard security techniques on the Site to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you at the Site. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us. In this regard, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the Internet. At a minimum, we encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the Internet.
Burlington.com has a digital certificate from DigiCert, a well-known provider of Internet trust services. If you enter any protected part of the website where your personal information is needed, a “closed lock” or other icon will appear on the page. Site security information can be seen if you click on this icon. This icon alerts you that your personal information is being encrypted when it is transmitted to Burlington.com. Additionally, on all protected pages of our website, the address will begin with https://.
We will never send or request your credit card information via email.
CHANGES AND CONTACT
SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CALIFORNIA AND VIRGINIA CONSUMERS
Last Updated: December 30, 2022
NOTICE OF COLLECTION
Collection of Personal Information
We plan to collect, and have collected within the preceding 12 months, the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, education, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information, as well as insurance policy number, medical information, and health insurance information as needed to process liability claims
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data: Geolocation data relating to your computer or device when you interact with this Site
- Sensory Information: audio information from calls placed with customer service which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Inferences: Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or our social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, or behavior.
- Sensitive Personal Information: Personal Information that reveals an individual’s driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; precise geolocation; racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, citizenship, immigration status, or union membership; Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning an individual’s health
Use of Personal Information
|Purposes||Categories of Personal Information|
|Performing services, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders, transactions, returns and exchanges, verifying customer information, managing our loyalty program, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services||Identifiers; Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; Employment Information; and Inferences|
|Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; and Inferences|
|Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; and Inferences|
|Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes||Identifiers; Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; Sensory Information; and Inferences|
|Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; and Geolocation Data|
|Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; and Geolocation Data|
|Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us||Identifiers; Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Commercial Information|
|We may use and disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes of performing services for our business, providing goods or services as requested by you, ensuring security and integrity, short term transient use, to provide targeted advertising and other marketing purposes, order processing and fulfillment, servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, and activities relating to quality and safety control or product improvement.||Sensitive Personal Information|
Sale and “Sharing” of Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your Personal Information via automated technologies on our website in exchange for non-monetary consideration such as an enhanced ability to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you, which may constitute a “sale” under the CCPA. We also “share” Personal Information for purposes of cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising.
The following chart details the categories of Personal Information that we “sell” or “share,” including during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Supplemental Privacy Statement for California and Virginia Consumers.
|Categories of Personal Information||Sold to Which Categories of Third Parties||Shared with Which Categories of Third Parties for Cross-Context Behavioral Targeted Advertising|
|Identifiers||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners|
|Commercial Information||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners|
|Online Activity||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners|
|Geolocation Data||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners|
|Inferences||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners||Advertising networks; Social networks; Joint marketing partners|
We do not knowingly sell or “share” the Personal Information, including the Sensitive Personal Information, of minors under 16 years of age.
To make a Request to Opt-Out of Sale and/or Sharing, click here or contact us at (855) 355-BURL (2875) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we provide services to you or have an ongoing relationship with you, and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your Personal Information to address issues that may arise;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject, for example, certain laws require us to keep copies of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them; or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position, such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations.
Sources of Personal Information
|Categories of Sources of Data Collection||Categories of Personal Information|
|Directly from you||
|From your devices, such as when you visit our website||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; Inferences|
|Vendors who provide services on our behalf||Identifiers; Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; Employment Information; Inferences|
|Online advertising companies||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; Inferences|
|Consumer data resellers||Identifiers; Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information;; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; Sensory Information; Employment Information; Inferences; Sensitive Personal Information|
Depending on our relationship with you, we may not have collected your Personal Information from all of the sources listed above.
Disclosure of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
We disclosed to third parties the following categories of personal information for a business purpose within the preceding 12 months:
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Identifiers||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; joint marketing partners; business partners; internet service providers; data analytics providers; government entities; advertising networks; operating systems and platforms; social networks|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; business partners; data analytics providers; government entities; operating systems and platforms; social networks|
|Protected Classifications||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; business partners; data analytics providers; government entities|
|Commercial Information||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; joint marketing partners; business partners; data analytics providers; government entities; advertising networks; operating systems and platforms|
|Online Activity||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; business partners; internet service providers; data analytics providers; government entities; advertising networks; operating systems and platforms; social networks|
|Geolocation Data||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; business partners; internet service providers; data analytics providers; government entities; advertising networks; social networks|
|Sensory Information||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; government entities|
|Employment Information||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; data analytics providers; government entities|
|Inferences||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, order and return fulfillment and fraud protection; professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; business partners; data analytics providers; government entities; advertising networks; operating systems and platforms|
|Sensitive Personal Information||Our affiliates and subsidiaries; vendors who provide services on our behalf, such as professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; business partners; data analytics providers; government entities; advertising networks; operating systems and platforms.|
Exercising your California or Virginia Consumer Privacy Rights
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right to make the following requests:
- Request to Know (CA):
You have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information about you was collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or “sharing” Personal Information about you;
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have sold or “shared” and the categories of third parties to which we have sold or “shared” such information; and
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such personal information.
- Request to Delete (CA): You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information we have collected from you.
- Right to Correct (CA): You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Request to Opt-Out of Sale and/or Sharing (CA): You have the right to request to opt-out of the sale and/or “sharing” (for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising as defined by the CCPA) of your Personal Information.
- Request to Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information (CA): You have the right to limit the use of your sensitive personal information to what is legally permissible.
VIRGINIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a Virginia resident, you have the right to make the following requests.
- Request to Access (VA): To confirm whether we process your Personal Information and request access your Personal Information.
- Request to Correct (VA): To request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Request to Delete (VA): To request that we delete Personal Information we have obtained about you.
- Request to Opt-Out (VA): To request to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information and/or the processing of your Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising, and/or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
- Request a Copy of Personal Information (VA): To request a copy of the Personal Information we have obtained about you in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format.
- Request to Appeal (VA): If we refuse to take action on your request, you may appeal our refusal within a reasonable period after you have received notice of the refusal.
Submitting a Request for California and Virginia Residents
To submit a Request to Know, Access, Correct, or Delete, or submit a Request to Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal Information click here, or call us at (855) 355-BURL (2875).
To make a Request to Opt-Out of Sale and/or Sharing, click here or contact us at (855) 355-BURL (2875) or email@example.com.
Burlington honors the Global Privacy Control signals available in some browsers and plug-ins (described at https://globalprivacycontrol.org/) as opt-out of sale and “sharing” requests under the CCPA. These signals set the opt-out of sale and sharing preferences for the particular browser or device you are using.
To submit a Request to Appeal for Virginia Residents click here, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the personal information subject to the request. We may need to request additional personal information from you, such as email address, state of residency, or mailing address, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you make a Request to Delete, we may ask you to confirm your request before we delete your personal information.
If an agent would like to make a request click here on behalf of a California or Virginia resident as permitted by applicable law, the agent may use the submission methods noted above under “Submitting a Request for California or Virginia Residents.” As part of our verification process, we may request that the agent provide proof concerning their status as an authorized agent. In addition, we may require that the resident verify their identity as described in the section entitled “Submitting a Request for California or Virginia Residents” or confirm that the resident provided the agent permission to submit the request.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact email@example.com or (855) 355-BURL (2875) to request this Statement in an alternative format.
Right to Notice and Non-Discrimination
You have the right to be informed, at or before the point of collection, of the categories of personal information to be collected from you and the purposes for which that Personal Information will be used.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising any of your state privacy rights.
Where we maintain or use de-identified information, we will continue to maintain and use that information only in a de-identified form and will not attempt to re-identify the information.
CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT REQUEST:
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Burlington Stores, Inc. customers who are California residents to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please mail us at Burlington Stores, Inc. ATTN: Customer Relations Department, 2006 Route 130 North, Florence Township, NJ 08518.